Help and support


In line with Government guidance, my constituency office is currently closed to the public. However, my team is still here to help. So for any help and advice get in touch with us either via the contact form here or by calling 0207 219 3000.

The following information relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is being updated at a rapid rate, here are links to reputable sources of advice.I will keep updating this page as I find out more.  If there’s any links that you think I should add, please do let me know by emailing me.
The Government’s official advice can be found here.

What is COVID-19?

What is COVID-19?

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. The symptoms of the disease are a high temperature and a new, continuous cough.

If you have any of these symptoms, please stay at home.
Do not go to a GP surgery, hospital or pharmacy.

There is no need to ring NHS 111 if you are staying at home, you can access the online 111 service at

However, if you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, your condition gets worse or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days then you can phone 111 for further advice.

To keep up the latest reliable information about COVID-19, the Government have launched a WhatsApp service.

Add 07860 064422 to your contacts and send “Hello” as a message to the number on WhatsApp to receive updates.

Government WhatsApp service.
To keep up the latest reliable information about COVID-19, the Government have launched a WhatsApp service. 

Add 07860 064422 to your contacts and send “Hello” as a message to the number on WhatsApp to receive updates.
NHS Coronavirus helpline
This is the official NHS website that contains all necessary health related information and advice on Coronavirus.
Halton and Warrington COVID Patient Advice Line
The Halton and Warrington COVID Patient Advice Line operates Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, and can be contacted at:
[email protected] or 01925 303370
(there is a voicemail service out of hours).
Before contacting the service, please view the list of frequently asked questions

It can help answer any questions you may have during the Coronavirus outbreak about:

- Any current changes to health services
- How to access a repeat prescription
- What to do if you think you should be on ‘shielded list but haven’t been contacted
- If you feel lonely and isolated and don’t know where to turn

Please do not contact the service if you think you have Coronavirus symptoms, please visit NHS 111 online Coronavirus service or call NHS 111.

Current Government Restrictions

As of Thursday 5th November, Warrington is subject to national guidelines from the Government. They are listed here:

- You must stay at home wherever possible, except for specific purposes such as work, shopping for essential items, education and childcare, providing care, medical reasons, compassionate visits or to attend events, such as individual prayer worship and funerals.

- You must avoid meeting people you don't live with, unless you have formed a household support or childcare bubble.

- You can exercise or visit outdoor public places with people you live with, your support bubble or, when on your own, with one person from another household (children under five as well as children receiving round-the-clock care do not count towards the limit).

- Funerals can be attended by a maximum of 30 people, and linked ceremonial events such as stone settings and ash scatterings can continue with up to 15 people in attendance.

- Weddings and civil partnership ceremonies will not be permitted unless in exceptional circumstances where one of those getting marries is seriously ill and not expected to recover.

- Schools, college and universities are to remain open, as will early years settings and childminders.

- If you live in England, you cannot travel overseas or within the UK unless for work, education or other legally permitted reasons.


for individuals

for individuals

Health advice

NHS advice
Warrington Hospital
Pathways to Recovery

or call 01925 415176.

If it's out of hours, please call 07919 558644.
Age UK
Alcoholics Anonymous

or call the free National Helpline on 0800 9177 650
Asthma UK
St Rocco’s Hospice

or call 01925 575 780
Cancer Research

Diabetes UK

Mental Health Awareness for Remote Workers: Practical Guide for Businesses” – it focuses on the impact of remote work to employee well-being and shares useful information such as:

The biggest struggles of remote workers: a 2019 study found that 22% can’t unplug after work, 19% feel lonely, and 8% can’t stay motivated.

Blurred boundaries between work and home life and lack of collaboration are also key problems influencing well-being.

The importance of creating ‘culture’ in remote teams: how it makes a huge difference to employee happiness and how to build trust and a healthy work environment.

What employers and managers can do to look after mental well-being and recognising mental health struggles amongst remote staff and colleagues.
MIND ‘Coronavirus and your wellbeing’
Narcotics Anonymous
0300 999 1212
My Life Warrington
Find local services, events, advice and support in Warrington.

Whether you’re feeling great and want to stay that way, you’re a bit fed up; or you’re struggling to manage your feelings, this site has links to information and tips ranging from how to boost your mood, to where to get help if you’re unable to cope. The site has been developed for people who live or work in Warrington.
Support for vulnerable people who need help:

Or call one of Warrington Borough Council’s dedicated coronavirus helplines:

01925 442441 or 01925 442443.
Local Welfare Provision
Local Welfare Provision – help in a crisis or emergency:
Free school meals

Weekly shopping vouchers worth £15 to spend at supermarkets while schools are closed due to coronavirus.
Warrington Borough Council services affected by coronavirus:
Council Tax
Covid-19: childcare and education for keyworkers
Rubbish and Recycling
Bulky item collections
Registrars (Births, Marriages and Deaths)

Housing and Homelessness

Housingplus - Housing and homelessness advice
Housingplus is Warrington Borough Council’s free housing advice and homelessness service.

They offer a wide range of services for homeowners, private renters, council tenants and people who have lost, or are in danger of losing, their homes.

Their aim is to prevent homelessness before it happens.

Call 01925 246868

If you have an emergency out-of-hours, call 01925 444400.
Shelter (England) – Covid 19 Housing Advice Line
Support and advice to constituents who are facing problems with their housing.

Phone: 0808 800 4444 (free of charge)


Domestic Violence

01925 243359
[email protected]
The Men’s Advice Line
for male domestic abuse survivors
0808 801 0327
The Mix
Free information and support for under 25s in the UK
0808 808 4994
National Domestic Violence Helpline
0808 2000 247
National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline
0800 999 5428
116 123
(24/7 service)
Women’s Aid (domestic abuse support)
[email protected]

Emergency food

Warrington Foodbank
Most of the agencies who issue Foodbank vouchers have closed due to the current situation we are all facing.

If you are having difficulty obtaining a Foodbank voucher and are in a food crisis situation and require urgent support, please call: 07583 080 521 - David McDonald (Foodbank Manager)

Please note - If you do not have a voucher, you MUST call the above number first. Anyone arriving at the Foodbank without calling this number, will be refused.
Warrington Citizens Advice Bureau

National Advice line telephone:
0300 3309 091
calls charged at local rate
Mon - Fri
9am - 5pm

Universal Credit Help to claim:
0800 144 8 444
free, Mon - Fri, 8am to 6pm.

Warrington Office email:
[email protected]
Coronavirus community support and volunteering
The Council and Warrington Voluntary Action (WVA) are working together to support our communities to help look after our most vulnerable residents during the COVID-19 outbreak.

For more information visit:
ASDA Volunteer Shopping Card
Asda has launched a dedicated volunteer shopping card, to help meet the shopping needs of those who are self-isolating due to Covid-19. The card provides a contactless, safe and secure way to allow others to shop for them.

It comes in the form of an e-gift card, with a barcode that can be scanned for payments. It can be downloaded and presented on a phone screen or be printed on A4 paper and scanned by a member of checkout staff.

Find out more and buy here 👉
Warrington Animal Welfare
Isolated and can't get to the shops?

Have you recently lost your job and struggling to feed your pets please do contact Warrington Animal Welfare on 07837 344 418 or send a private message to their Facebook page @warringtonanimalwelfare
Department for Work and Pensions (Benefits)
This is the official DWP website for claiming benefits including Universal Credit

Utility Companies

British Gas
How broadband and mobile firms are serving customers during the coronavirus pandemic

Stay Connected during the coronavirus
Scottish Power
Shell Energy
Three Mobile
United Utilities

Banks, building societies and money

Bank of Scotland
Bradford and Bingley
Co-op Bank
Money Advice Service
Money Saving Expert
Coronavirus Financial Help & Rights – Sick pay, mortgages, rental help, train refunds, energy top-ups & more:
Telephone: 0800 051 4176
Royal Bank of Scotland

Travel and Transport

Warrington’s Own Buses
Arriva Buses
Network Rail

Other advice services

Support for carers
Carers Trust Cheshire and Warrington
Helpline is Available Monday – Friday

9am - 5pm on 0300 102 0008

Support for local business
and the self-employed

Support for local business and the self-employed

Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
This is the Government’s main site listing all nationally available packages of support to businesses, and how to apply.
Information for advice for employers and employees:
Federation of Small Businesses
The Federation is a well-established non-profit organisation that campaigns on behalf of its members.

They are nationally recognised experts in business and have set up a Coronavirus page on their website with advice and guidance specifically for small and medium size businesses and self-employed workers.

They also offer a free webinar (on demand) that explains what financial assistance is available.
Health & Safety Executive
HMRC Tax Helpline
The official helpline to support businesses and self-employed people concerned about not being able to pay their tax due to Coronavirus.

Phone: 0800 024 1222 (Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm)
Information Commissioner
Financial advice for small and medium businesses:
Save a Small Business
Maternity Action
Offer information and free telephone advice on rights at work for pregnant women and new parents on the Maternity Rights Advice Line 0808 802 0029 (National except London).
Warrington Borough Council – Business support
Warrington Borough Council – Grants for small businesses
Warrington & Co
Warrington & Co. brings together the private and public sector to promote economic development and physical regeneration in Warrington.

Support for Parents,
Carers and Teachers

Support for Parents, Carers and Teachers


List of Key Workers
This is the current official Government list of key workers. If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors listed below, and you cannot keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for education provision:
Department for Education Helpline
Available for parents, young people and staff to ask any questions about COVID-19 and education and children’s social care.

Phone: 0800 046 8687
(Open: 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday and 10am to 4pm Saturday-Sunday)

Email: [email protected]
Children’s Commissioner
Guidance for schools, colleges and local authorities on maintaining educational provision:

Educational Resources

Seneca Learning
Carol Vorderman
Carol Vorderman’s maths school is now free for kids 4-11:
PSHE “Consent”
PSHE “Consent” (primary school age), by Gemma Aitchison:
The National Youth Agency Coronavirus Guide

Support for
Constituents Abroad

Support for Constituents Abroad


If you are a constituent abroad:

Constituency check
Please check if you are a constituent by entering your UK postcode:
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Email your details to [email protected] and I will send these to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in London:

I need your full name, UK address, date of birth, passport number, current location, contact phone number, and details of any medical conditions.
Embassy or Consulate
Register with your nearest embassy or consulate – and get confirmation that they have received your details and contact information.
FCO Twitter feeds
Keep monitoring your local FCO Twitter feed for the most up to date information on the ground.